Sunday 16 November 2014

Election day

So this day has finally arrived. The Local Elections day. I promised myself that I will vote this time and for weeks I have been looking forward to this day. However, one thing is promising myself to do something that is weeks away and another to actually do it, when the time comes. As the day gone by I was preparing myself to drag myself to the voting station. Less than two hours before closing of the voting stations I managed to pull myself together.

It took me all of two minutes to walk to the voting station. There is was, I managed to conquer the hard part, getting out of the house :) Another two minutes and I was done. Ofcourse I had to take a picture of me putting my vote into the voting urn to show of in front of my family as none of them gone voting :( Then, to celebrate me taking part in election day I went down to store to buy myself some chocolate :)

There is the proof, I did vote :)


On the way to store I passed by one of my favorite spots, that comes to life after nightfall. I call it "a little amberland". Essentially they are luminescent stones that have different objects embedded in them. Whenever I show this spot to anyone for the first time, they always behave like little children getting exited to see what is embedded in which stone and guessing what that object might be :)

Little amberland

To sum up, I know, that local elections it is not such a big deal. I know that nobody's life depends on me going to vote, but there are so many people that complain about local government, yet when they have chance to do someting about it, they decide to stay home and do not partake.

Here we have a padlock

Oh well. When I got back with my chocolate, I put on live transmission of the voting poll to keep my exitment going :) And since I voted today, I can wake up tomorrow with firm belive that I did all I could to provide better future for my future children :)

And here we have a fish


No comments:

Post a Comment