Sunday 12 July 2015

Sopot - Kamienny Potok



I haven't written way too long. Weather wasn't right, I was busy, I didn't feel inspired. Excuses as always :). But I am here now, writing about one of the TriCity's beaches, and that is what matters :)



Last week I went to beach at Sopot Kamienny Potok at what could have been first and last of summer here since this week is raining almost all the time and at peek we have 15 degrees Celcius. Back last week was 30 (I know, how come??). Maybe I should perform some kind of dance for heat as they do for rain? I am getting desperate now as chill in my bones is settling :)





Since I knew the weather is going to be nice last weekend I made momentous plans to get my tan on. Unfortunately my companions firstly decided to go to the beach at 6pm and secondly sat in shade :) Also getting there proved to be a challenge. I was surprised to see that much traffic on Sunday at 6pm, finding available parking spot also was a task :)



The beach I choose to go to is located between main Sopot (that is where the Pier is) and Gdynia Orlowo. To get to the beach once must go through park. Nicely maintained park I must say. There is a bike path and foot path there, so you can actually go for a walk or cycle around if you'd like.



Kamienny Potok is a district of Sopot named after a creek that runs through it - Steinfliess.. Also the placed is filled up with hotels, guest houses and camp sides.



The beach itself is not very big, long ( I don't know how one measures beaches). Most of it is taken by nearby Bar/Restaurant/Club, which is very convenient for people who come to the beach unprepared :) Also as a guest of said establishment once has access to sunbeds, tables and Hawaiian-styled umbrellas.



Also there is a miniature version of the pier on the beach, where you can enjoy the view of the actual pier :) It is really more of a deck, but I think naming it "pier" adds a little bit of oomph :)



I think that Kamienny Potok is a nice alternative for people who like to sunbath in Sopot but don't quite appreciate the crowds and loudness that comes with it, but still like the conveniences of nearby food and drink facility.


4 comments:

  1. Moje ukochane miejsce plażowania. Uwielbiam Kamienny Potok jest w nim magia sielskiej wsi, mieszająca się z blichtrem i szykiem willowej dzielnicy wielkiego miasta. Piękne zdjęcia :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kamienny Potok to nie tylko plaża ale i świetny park, zupełnie inna atmosfera, niż w głównym Sopocie. A te wille to tylko pozazdrościć :)

      Delete
  2. Nawet w pochmurne dni przebywanie na plaży nad morzem jest dla mnie radością :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coś jest w tym szumie fal, pół godziny na plaży i człowiek jest zrelaksowany jak po długiej kąpieli :)

      Delete