Saturday 5 December 2015

Green Lantern



Today I took advantage of my family member, who wanted to spend some time with me. Of course, he had different idea of what we would do. However as the weather was favourable today, a walk by seaside was in store. Unfortunately, by the time we were able to get out, the sun hid behind clouds. However I shouldn't complain as in December we have temperature of 10 degrees Celsius and mild cold wind.

Do you see it? Green lighthouse...

Few months ago I heard about breakwater being open to public. Till then this area was restricted to port free zone. Not only the breakwater offers different viewpoint of the bay, there is also a green lighthouse at the end of it.

I see Gdynia ...
Since it was open around six months ago, the path is a little rough, but I read that there are plans of renovating it and also of opening a cafe on breakwater. It certainly is nice place to have coffee :)




But, to be honest, I didn't mind the path. For some, I'm sure, it will be a bit uncomfortable and not too pleasant with high fence on one side. Some also could complaint about "rubbish" at the bottom of the cliff. As I was explained by my companion, the reason for the concrete blocks is to protect the cliff from falling apart, as the waves would wear it down.


I liked little bays made of stone - sort of little viewpoints. I also liked writings on the stones, but not all of them - some were unfortunately profanities :( but some were love confessions, or just memory marks.



When it comes to the history of the breakwater and its green lighthouse I didn't find much information. What I found was one old picture of the lighthouse, which doesn't look like lighthouse at all.


I also read that the green lighthouse and breakwater is part of port entrance. The lighthouse has a twin - red lighthouse, which is located on eastern breakwater. I hope there is access to that lighthouse as I would like to visit it very much.

Can you see the red lighthouse?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Polecam serdecznie. Świetne miejsce na spacer :) Pozdrawiam

      Delete
  2. Ja tam bym z pewnością poszła na spacer, bo uwielbiam morze. Pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete