Monday 11 May 2015

Forest. Run.



So what did you do this weekend? I got lost in a jungle. Well, almost :)

Swampish river

I decided to try one of them orientation walks. Silly as I am, I imagined something in terms of a childhood game, I loved and played when I was young - Paper Chase. I found an orientation walk that offered different difficulty levels, to not be cocky I signed up fo the easiest one. The boot message said to bring compass, so I downloaded one on my phone (although I am not convinced it really works, but I don't know how to work a compass, so it was fine by me:).

Other "gamers"


Luckily for me, I managed to find "volunteer" to tag along. As we arrived I was full of enthusiasm, that unfortunately decreased by the minute (we got lost on our way to the starting point :(

Berry bushes

I determined to do the walk and come back alive. Even when at starting line I asked if I can be explained the rules of the game and was told that the remaining 5 minutes to my start wasn't enough time, or when I saw advanced team map in a shape of a thong (and as wide).

Our map
Time... Start! So off we went (in the wrong direction) about 10 meters away. I had no idea how to read the map we were given, there was no mark indicating where we (except start/finishing line circle). I'd just say: thank heavens for my partner and GPS! Half the time I didn't know where we were.

Polypore
According to the rules, we had 3 hours and 12 points to find. It took us 1 hour to find first point. Beginner's pace I guess:) I didn't mind though. I love forest, I grew up around it, played in it, so I was happy.

Intersection

During our 5 hour walk we saw rabbit hole, wild deer, duck and a terrifying wild snail. My partner lost his shoe twice, we ended up at swamp couple of times and most of the time we were pretty lost.

Can you see the duck? It is there.
Overall, if you like spending time outdoor and always say yes to an adventure, I'd say: Go on orientation walk! I explored Tricity Landscape Park, but there is plenty to choose from: bike orientation, night orientation or kayak orientation.

Feeding station
If you feel it's not your cup of tea, but still enjoy outdoors, I'd say: Go to Tricity Landscape Park. There is plenty of paths for both biking and walking. I was actually surprised how many people go to the park and take advantage of the peacefulness in the city.

Highway
But remember! Whatever you take with yourself take it back with you. Do not leave any rubbish in the forest! Ever!


4 comments:

  1. Not only great pictures, but also very humorous- You have a real talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am very happy that you enjoy my writing :)

      Delete
    2. I agree. You are very talented!!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much :)

      Delete