Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Winter has arrived :)

Winter scenery out of my window


As I looked outside of my window this morning I became overjoyed. It's all because a winter scenery has welcomed me. As I watched the falling snow reinforcing the layer on the ground. I realized that the previous lack of it caused my loss of inspiration and energy.


Garden dressed by snow

I guess I am one of few that gets happy when sees snow and minus temperatures. In that way I am a traditionalist, because I want to have winter when it is winter time. I thought that the chance of winter was gone and I was to look forward to spring now. I don't know if I should get so ecstatic yet, as the snow can melt overnight, but I surely hope it won't :)

Everything looks better in white


The way I look at it is that in spring and summer, and also autumn there are leaves that dress the trees. Grass dresses the ground. In winter is snow that does the job. In my opinion everything looks better when covered in snow :)

Winter garden


There is also another important purpose that snow serves. In winter the nights are long and days short. Fallen snow reflects the light and makes everything brighter. And when there is a full moon it's almost as bright as in daytime.


Close to dusk

What I like is when dusk is coming and the light shifts. It is not dark yet, then the snow gets exposed in a way that is very much appealing to me. I tried to photograph it but I am sure that it doesn't capture the beauty of it.

Winter branches


No comments:

Post a Comment