Saturday 16 July 2016

Bird Paradise


This place was on my radar for a long time - "Bird Paradise" reserve on Sobieszewo Island. In fact, I asked to go there as my birthday gift last year. Unfortunately, the trip didn’t end well. I start by saying that half of people that came didn’t want to leave the car. All because of huge amounts of mosquitos. Only me and my stepdad were brave enough to take a hike. Although it was a very short one.



This place was on my radar for a long time. In fact, I asked to go there as my birthday gift last year. Unfortunately, the trip didn’t end well. I start by saying that half of people that came didn’t want to leave the car. All because of huge amounts of mosquitos. Only me and my stepdad were brave enough to take a hike. Although it was a very short one.




We didn’t see many people, but surely we must have looked like crazy people. To protect ourselves from the incredible amount of mosquitoes we were waving our arms around us. Also, we were almost running. As a result, we didn’t get to see anything and end up with a record amount of mosquito bites.


Almost a year later and I managed to come back. This time, I wasn't attacked by an army of starving mosquitoes. I must say, though, that for a bird reserve, there is surprisingly very little birds there. I see more birds looking outside my bedroom window. Regardless of that, it is a beautiful place. Very peaceful and relaxing.


If you decide to go there for a walk, to which I encourage you, please take provisions and binoculars. Maybe then you will be able to finish the walk and spot some birds :) The route is quite long and there is no shops or stalls anywhere. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish the whole walk.I hope that next year will be the year I'll do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment